- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Philip Seymour Hoffman has long been attached to direct the film from a Black List script by Keith Bunin.
Exclusive Media has come aboard to handle international rights, and will launch the project to foreign buyers at Berlin’s upcoming European Film Market.
Adams will play Iris, who, emotionally fragile after the loss of her husband, runs a boarding house to get by and provide for her spirited son, Joel. They reside in a small town overrun by religious fervor, and their lives are forever changed when she begins to fall in love with Ezekiel Moss (Gyllenhaal), a mysterious drifter who has the divine ability to channel and physically inhabit the spirits of the dead.
Likely Story’s Anthony Bregman, PalmStar Media Capital’s Kevin Frakes, Merced Media Partners’ Raj Brinder Singh and Cathy Schulman of Mandalay Vision are producing. Singh recently collaborated with Exclusive Media on Rush, on which he served as co-executive producer.
Adams, who is represented by WME, is up for the Oscar for best actress for her role in American Hustle.
Gyllenhaal was last seen in Prisoners. He is also repped by WME.
Screen International first reported the news.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day