- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Jake Gyllenhaal has signed a first look production deal with Bold Films.
The actor previously worked with Bold as a producer on Nightcrawler, in which he played an aspiring L.A. crime video journalist.
“We are thrilled to be back in business with Jake. I truly enjoy our artistic collaboration,” said Bold Films chairman Michel Litvak. “His impeccable taste in projects and deep knowledge of how to make high quality films make him a formidable producer.”
Gyllenhaal will have the opportunity to acquire and develop new material thorugh the new deal. Riva Marker is set as production executive for Gyllenhaal’s new company.
“Bold Films chooses to tell stories that I love — unflinching yet entertaining,” said Gyllenhaal. “I look forward to making movies that are successful both artistically and financially. That’s what Gary [Michael Walters, CEO of Bold Films] and Michel do. They are nonconformists, who have already proven to be terrific partners on Nightcrawler — protecting stories and the artists who tell them.”
Bold’s Karen Barna, senior vp business and legal affairs handled the negotiations for Bold. Gyllenhaal, whose film Southpaw is currently in theaters and can next be seen in Demolition and Everest, is represented by WME and Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day