- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
You probably won’t want to step into a ring with Jake Gyllenhaal after seeing the first image for his forthcoming film Southpaw.
The Weinstein Co. has released its first peek at the boxing drama with a promotional photo of Gyllenhaal showing off his impressive physique.
Director Antoine Fuqua‘s film centers on a boxer who finds success with the gloves on but is having major issues in his personal life. Rachel McAdams, Rita Ora, Forest Whitaker, Naomie Harris and 50 Cent co-star. The script was written by Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter.
This is the latest project to require a major onscreen transformation for Gyllenhaal, who lost a significant amount of weight for his previous film Nightcrawler.
The Southpaw image can be seen below.
Courtesy of The Weinstein Company
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day