- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jake Kasdan has nabbed the coveted gig to direct Sony’s Sex Tape, a comedy being produced by Escape Artists that has Jason Segel attached to star. Kasdan is in negotiations, according to sources.
The story centers revolves around a husband and wife who take a night off from the kids and decide to spice things up by making a sex tape. When they wake up the next morning, the tape is missing, and the search is on.
Frequent Segel collaborator Nicholas Stoller (The Muppets) originally was circling the project, but no deal was finalized.
After closing Kasdan’s deal, the next step is to find the female lead. Cameron Diaz, who worked with Segel and Kasdan to hilarious effect in last summer’s Sony comedy Bad Teacher, has been mentioned as a possible co-star.
Kasdan, who has been directing episodes of New Girl, is repped by WME. His helming credits include the features Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story and Orange County and TV’s Freaks and Geeks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day