- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actress Jameela Jamil has a new award-show alter ego: Kamilah Al-Jamil?
During E!’s Golden Globes red carpet preshow, the network misidentified the Good Place star, who plays Tahani Al-Jamil.
While it’s unclear whether the mix-up was intentional, “Kamilah Al-Jamil” — the name flashed onscreen — is the name of her character’s sister on the show; Tahani hates being overshadowed by Kamilah.
The NBC series made light of the blunder, which appeared at 3:50 p.m. PT.
The first two seasons of The Good Place are available on Netflix. The streaming service also jumped at the opportunity to call out E! for the mishap on Twitter.
— Netflix US (@netflix) January 6, 2019
The British actress later tweeted that she found the mix up hilarious, writing that her character would “DIE!”
— Jameela Jamil (@jameelajamil) January 7, 2019
Earlier in the night, the actress showed off her award show fashion choice, which includes a coral ball gown with jeans underneath, a choice made in part due to the colder temperatures Sunday in L.A.
Later during the preshow, though, E! host Nina Parker addressed the mix-up on the air and assured the actress that the network is well aware of her name.
“We know your name, girl. I mean how could we not!” Parker said. “It’s live, It happens.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day