- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar-winning costumes designer James Acheson, known for his work in The Last Emperor, Spiderman and Dangerous Liaisons, has earned himself a fancy new gig at the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television — he’s been named the program’s 2015 Swarovski Designer in Residence, which allows an honoree to provide mentorship for the university’s TFT graduate design students. Acheson follows in the foot steps of Sandy Powell, who served as the first Swarovski Designer in Residence last year.
In his new role, Acheson will focus “on research and critiques to challenge UCLA TFT graduate design students, pushing them to explore the limits of their creativity by bringing an innovative perspective to the design process,” reads a release.
Makeup veteran Silvia Baker, whose credits include Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock and Silkwood, is also being honored with the MAC Cosmetics Artist in Residence in Make-up and Hair Design. As the first-ever recipient of the title, Baker will be teaching a 10-week class during the spring quarter that will examine the importance of makeup and hair design in film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day