- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK – The titles of James Bond films have traditionally been the subject of much debate.
The site reported that the MGM and Sony Pictures release, slated for late 2012, will likely be called Skyfall, according to several domain name registrations that were privately purchased through brand protection company MarkMonitor this week. Sony Pictures has used MarkMonitor for thousands of domain names, including SonyPictures.com, according to the site.
Fusible said that among the Web addresses purchased are JamesBond-Skyfall.com and Skyfallthefilm.com. The company had registered other Skyfall names back in August, it said.
Sony officials weren’t immediately available for comment.
Earlier this year, the studios announced that Bond 23 will be released in the U.K. and Ireland on Oct. 26 of next year, with the U.S. launch set for Nov. 9.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day