- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
James Cameron has admittedly been “in a cave” writing the Avatar sequels, but he emerged momentarily to tout a new stage show inspired by the first film.
Entitled Toruk – The First Flight, the production by Cirque du Soleil reimagines the 2009 sci-fi feature as a multimedia acrobatic experience, which Cameron called “a match made in heaven” while on Today.
The director added that as he pens all four upcoming Avatar films, he’s working to improve the animation technology to meet the movies’ needs.
Watch Cameron’s interview and two excerpts from Toruk below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Patrick Stump on AI Chatbot Fall Out Boy Lyrics: “You’re Consuming Art That Has No Expression Behind It”
Why Barack Obama Dined With Michael B. Jordan, Regina King, the Daniels and More in Brentwood
U.S. Army to Run Repurposed ‘Be All You Can Be’ Ads Without Actor Jonathan Majors During NCAA Final Four