- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
James Corden started a friendly competition with David Beckham during his Late Late Show in London week. In a sketch that aired on Thursday night’s episode of the program, Corden studies up for his James Bond audition when Beckham walks in. The host immediately goes on the defensive.
“You know this is an audition for James Bond, right? It’s not an underwear commercial,” he snarks at Beckham.
“It’s a little bit weird that he’s here,” Beckham later tells the woman in charge of the audition.
Beckham makes it difficult for Corden, putting the wrong suit in his room and showing up during his seduction scene, prompting the actress involved to say, “I want to sleep with him,” pointing to Beckham.
Corden retaliates with some of his own subversive moves, including dressing in drag and breaking out his Sean Connery impression.
“At least I don’t sound like a girl,” he tells Beckham. “At least I don’t look like Shrek,” Beckham retorts, prompting a slapping fight between the athlete and comedian.
When they’re both told they’re too unprofessional for the role, they come up with a super solution.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day