- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Who says fashion has to be serious?
While stereotypes of the industry aren’t always the cheeriest (ahem, Anna Wintour), it looks like the CFDA is looking to change that. The council announced Wednesday morning that it has chosen British comedian James Corden as the host of the CFDA Fashion Awards, taking place on June 1 at Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully Hall.
The new host of CBS’ The Late Late Show — whose first week at the helm spawned two viral videos, including “Mariah Carey’s Carpool Karaoke” and a David Beckham underwear ad spoof, which we are all thankful for — Corden is an unconventional but welcome pick for the gig.
CFDA CEO Steven Kolb said in a press release, “As the charming and funny new host of The Late Late Show, we couldn’t think of a better time for James Corden to share his observations on American fashion at the 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards.”
If 2015’s red carpet is as daring as last year’s, (Rihanna‘s sheer gown, anyone?), then we definitely look forward to hearing Corden’s “observations” on the several stylish celebs who will be in attendance — especially Fashion Icon Award winner Pharrell Williams.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day