- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Audiences get to see James Franco let everyone know he “exists” in the trailer for Cherry, a new film directed by Stephen Elliott and cowritten by Elliott and Lorelei Lee.
PHOTOS: TOP TEN: Berlinale Film Festival
Costarring Ashley Hinshaw as Angelina, the film follows a young woman who falls into the sex industry after fleeing her Long Beach home for San Francisco with best friend Andrew (Dev Patel) in tow. Franco, Heather Graham, Lili Taylor and Jonny Weston round out the cast. The new clip debuted after the film premiered last week at the Berlin Film Festival, where it drew a mixed critical reception.
Unfortunately, Franco makes only a brief appearance in the two-minute clip, but his exclamation of “I exist” ranks among its best moments.
PHOTOS AND VIDEO: 28 of Berlin Film Festival’s Most Outrageous Movie Posters
Cowriter and director Elliott worked in the sex industry himself before making the film, as did his cowriter Lee. Hinshaw was last seen in the found-footage superhero film Chronicle, and Patel is set to appear next in John Madden’s The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day