- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
James Franco as Hugh Hefner?
The actor, who last starred in Rise of the Planet of the Apes, is in talks with Millenium/Nu Image to appear in a cameo as the iconic founder of Playboy, in Lovelace, the biopic of Linda Lovelace.
Lovelace sees Amanda Seyfried as the woman who starred in one of the most famous pornos of all time, Deep Throat. Also in the cast are Peter Sarsgaard as her husband, Chuck Traynor, and Hank Azaria as Jerry Damiano, the director of Deep Throat.
Franco, who was at one point in talks to play Traynor before stepping aside, would appear in the Hef cameo only if dates work out. The actor and his reps have been dancing with producers around the timing of a one-day shoot, but so far a consummation remains elusive.
The production, under the direction of Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman, began shooting in Los Angeles this week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day