- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This marks the second Walker project to find its new lead Thursday as the town gets back to work after its winter holiday break; Rupert Friend earlier in the day closed a deal to star in Agent 47 for Fox International.
Walker died in a car crash Nov. 30.
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Marsden has the offer and is just beginning negotiations.
The Best of Me follows a pair of former high school sweethearts who reunite after many years when they both return to their small North Carolina hometown. The story tracks the couple both as adults and students and has Michelle Monaghan on board as the female star.
Michael Hoffman will direct the film, which is being produced by Ryan Kavanaugh, Theresa Park and Sparks.
Marsden is coming off appearances in last year’s Anchorman 2, Lee Daniels’ The Butler and 2 Guns.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day