- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
German pay-TV operator Sky Deutschland said late Thursday that James Murdoch, deputy COO of majority owner 21st Century Fox, is the new chairman of its supervisory board.
He replaces 21st Century Fox president and COO Chase Carey in that role. Carey will remain on the board; he has served as chairman since July 16, 2010.
Murdoch, the son of 21st Century Fox boss Rupert Murdoch, had joined the board of the German company in April. He oversees 21st Century Fox’s international businesses.
Mark Kaner, president of 20th Century Fox Television Distribution, will also be part of the nine-member board, as will Jan Koeppen, COO Europe and Asia at 21st Century Fox.
21st Century Fox owns a stake of nearly 55 percent in Sky Deutschland.
“Mr. Murdoch has built a track record of bringing innovation to the global television business and choice to customers across Europe and Asia,” Sky Deutschland said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day