- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
James Norton will go under the knife for the remake of the 1990 sci-fi thriller Flatliners.
The pic, which originally starred Julia Roberts, Kevin Bacon and Kiefer Sutherland, follows a group of medical students who conduct near-death experiments to explore the afterlife to disastrous consequences.
Norton will star in the remake as would-be doctor Jamie, joining already announced castmembers Ellen Page, Diego Luna and Nina Dobrev.
Sweden’s Neils Arden Oplev, who helmed the original Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, will direct the project for Sony from a screenplay by Ben Ripley. Michael Douglas and Laurence Mark are set to produce.
Norton recently starred opposite Paul Dano and Lily James in The Weinstein Co.’s event series War & Peace. His other credits include the Gugu Mbatha-Raw-starring period piece Belle and the Netflix and BBC series Happy Valley.
Norton is repped by UTA and the U.K.’s Artist Partnership.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
iHeartRadio Music Awards: Taylor Swift Honored With Innovator Award, Harry Styles Among Top Winners
Jonathan Majors Arrested and Charged With Assault, Lawyer Says Actor Is “Completely Innocent”
Jeremy Renner Shares Video Walking on Anti-Gravity Treadmill After Snowplow Accident: “Time for My Body to Rest and Recover”