- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jamie Foxx has a new role: Brown Sugar Bourbon owner.
The Oscar winner announced this week that he had acquired the flavored whiskey brand, making him the latest high-profile star to get into the liquor and spirits business. He follows in the footsteps of George Clooney (Casamigos), Ryan Reynolds (Aviation Gin), Dwayne Johnson (Teremana Tequila), Kendall Jenner (818 Tequila), Guy Fieri and Sammy Hagar (Santo), Nick Jonas (Villa One Tequila), and many others.
And Foxx said it was a long time coming. “I’ve always lived by the rule that life is short, and you need to go out and do what you want to do. Owning a brand that brings sweet life to the party has always been a goal and with BSB we’re making it happen,” said Foxx. “Before the quarantine I watched bottles of BSB disappear at all my celebrations and knew this was a brand I wanted to bring into the spotlight. Anyone who tries BSB is going to love it just like I do.”
BSB was founded in Washington state in 2016. It is distributed nationally by Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits. See Foxx’s announcement below.
View this post on Instagram
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day