- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When Jane Fonda turned up at the Wallis Annenberg Center’s Lovelace Studio Theater last month to catch Jackie Unveiled — Saffron Burrows’ one-woman show about Jackie Kennedy — the 80-year-old legend brought along a plus-one: her dog.
Sources tell THR that nobody at the 150-seat theater had the heart (or guts) to tell Fonda that pets were not allowed, but fortunately, the 14-year-old Coton de Tulear stayed mostly quiet in her owner’s lap throughout the play.
It’s not the first time Fonda has taken the pooch where dogs are forbidden: The two have even been spotted dining together at the Sunset Tower’s Tower Bar. “She goes just about everywhere with me,” Fonda explained in a post on her blog. “When I am without her, I ache for her. It’s a physical thing. I feel a pang in my body.”
This story first appeared in the April 12 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day