- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While Timberlake already said as much, Jackson released her own statement Saturday, ahead of the big game.
“To put to rest any speculation or rumors as to whether I will be performing at the Super Bowl tomorrow: I will not,” she confirmed to People. “Thank you for your support and I do look forward to seeing you all very soon.”
Jackson and Timberlake appeared together at the Super Bowl in 2004, a performance that turned controversial and infamously became known as “Nipplegate” after her breast was momentarily exposed. Timberlake is returning as the Super Bowl 2018 halftime show headliner.
On Saturday, reports surfaced that Timberlake’s performance might include an appearance from another special guest: a hologram of Prince. Timberlake’s reps did not respond to a request for comment, but Prince associate Sheila E. and half-brother Omarr Baker both spoke out against the idea on Twitter.
This story originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day