- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Thea Sharrock will direct the adaptation of Jojo Moyes‘ 2012 novel.
The story centers on Lou (Clarke), a small-town girl caught between dead-end jobs, and Will (Claflin), a successful man who finds himself wheelchair-bound after an accident. He can find no reason to live, until they meet when he hires her as his caretaker, and she becomes determined to prove to him that life is worth living.
McTeer will be playing Camilla, Will’s elegant mother.
The Fault in Our Stars scribes Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber will adapt the project. Karen Rosenfelt and Sue Baden-Powell are producing.
McTeer was seen most recently on the big screen in the Divergent sequel, Insurgent, which is now in theaters. She currently can be seen in the CBS drama series Battle Creek. Her other recent credits include Hugo Blick‘s Golden Globe-winning series The Honourable Woman. And McTeer has completed work on Fathers and Daughters with Aaron Paul and Russell Crowe, as well as Amber Tamblyn’s directorial debut, Paint It Black. McTeer is repped by MGMT Entertainment and Curtis Brown in the U.K.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day