- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Taken together with its Wednesday opening, Deadpool had a five-day take of $6.5 million. The R15 (restricted to 15-years-old and above) rating didn’t stop the Tim Miller-directed raunchy anti-hero landing Fox its biggest opening for an X-Men universe title.
International Weekend 6/3/16
|1. X-Men: Apocalypse||$84.4M||$286.0M|
|2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows||$34.0M||$34.0M|
|3. Alice Through the Looking Glass||$30.9M||$125.5M|
|5. Angry Birds||$16.7M||$196.8M|
|6. The Handmaiden||$10.8M||$12.8M|
|7. Money Monster||$8.3M||$28.3M|
|8. Me Before You||$7.7M||$7.7M|
|10. The Nice Guys||$5.5M||$12.0M|
Zootopia dropped to No. 2 but took another $3.3 million (?351 million) on Saturday and Sunday from 263,766 admissions, to take its cume to $56 million (?6 billion) and continue its strong run after seven weeks in theaters.
Botanical Books (Shokubutsu Zukan: Unmei no Koi) opened at No. 3 with $3.2 million (?342 million) from 264,270 admissions at 307 screens.
Local box office rankings run on admissions rather than gross, putting Botanical Books at No. 1, Zootopia at No. 2 and Deadpool at No. 3.
Wolf Girl and Black Prince fell two spots to No. 4, while fellow manga adaptation K?dai-ke no Hitobito opened at No. 5 with $935,000 (?100 million).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day