- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Japanese director and international festival favorite Hirokazu Kore-eda is working on a yet-untitled film about a family of petty criminals. Starring Kore-eda regular Lily Franky (Like Father, Like Son and The Third Murder) as the family’s patriarch and Ando Sakura (100 Yen Love) as the mother, the film began production in December and is set for a June release in Japan.
Kore-eda has been working on the script for 10 years and it revolves around the family’s exploits after a young girl, debutant Miyu Sasaki, is taken home by the father and his son after one of their shoplifting sessions. The family’s grandmother is played by veteran Kirin Kiki, another Kore-eda regular.
Produced by Gaga Fuji TV and AOI Pro., Gaga will rep the film for Asia while Wild Bunch will handle sales for other international territories.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day