- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emily Blunt, Rebecca Ferguson and Haley Bennett are already on board the project, which centers on Rachel (Blunt), a woman who’s jobless and an alcoholic and who spends her daily train ride fantasizing about the seemingly perfect couple living in a house that she passes.
After coming home one night covered in blood and unable to remember much from a blackout drinking episode, she begins to realize that she may have witnessed or been involved in a crime.
Ferguson is playing Anna, the former mistress and current wife of Rachel’s ex-husband. Bennett is set to play Megan, a married neighbor with whom Rachel becomes obsessed.
Evans would play Tom, the ex-husband, and Leto would play the neighbor’s husband, but sources say one stumbling block to an eventual deal is scheduling for both actors.
Tate Taylor is directing the project, which has a script by Erin Cressida Wilson. Marc Platt is producing the film, which will be executive produced by Jared LeBoff and Celia Costas.
Leto, repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment, next stars as the Joker in Warner Bros.’ antihero superhero movie, Suicide Squad.
Evans, repped by CAA and 3 Arts Entertainment, just wrapped shooting Captain America: Civil War.
Updated Sept. 21, 9:55 to amend the plot description of the book.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day