- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Academy Award winner Jared Leto has been named chief creative officer of Fandor, a streaming database for indie films, documentaries, international features and shorts.
Leto will be the creative voice of the company, which includes contributing towards original programming and hosting of one Fandor’s live-streaming events set for later this year. Fandor will also utilize his on-demand media streaming platform VyRT, which he founded in 2011 as a cross between content and social.
“As a longtime Fandor subscriber, I developed a special appreciation for their distinctive programming and recommendation engine. Specifically, the ‘human element’ that sets Fandor apart from so many other services in this space, most of which are purely algorithmic,” Leto said Sunday in a statement. “With my involvement in the broadcasting and social platform business for over five years with my company, VyRT, I’m very much looking forward to this collaboration and know I can bring a unique perspective [to it].”
Fandor, which is subscription-based, specializes in 6,000 award-winning and independent films across the globe across 500 genres. The newly remodeled digital site is currently expanding its content syndication.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day