- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The indie will center on Senator Kennedy’s infamous car accident, where he drove off a bridge in the summer of 1969, leaving his passenger, 28-year-old Mary Jo Kopechne, to drown in a pond. Kennedy left the scene of the accident, returned home and failed to report the accident for nine hours.
The script, which was on the 2015 Black List, was written by Taylor Allen and Andrew Logan.
John Curran is in talks to take over directing duties from Fifty Shades Of Grey helmer Sam Taylor-Johnson, who left the project to direct Netflix’s Gypsy. Filming is scheduled to begin in late summer.
Apex Entertainment’s Mark Ciardi is producing the project with Campbell McInnes, with Chris Cowles and Chris Fenton executive producing, as well as Logan and Allen.
Clarke is known for his roles in action-heavy fare like Zero Dark Thirty, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Terminator Genisys. He was recently in theaters with Terrence Malick’s latest existential quandary Knight of Cups.
Clarke is repped WME, Australia’s RGM and Robert Stein. Curran is repped by CAA, Australia’s HLA and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day