- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Derulo severely injured himself while rehearsing for his upcoming world tour in Florida. The 22-year-old hitmaker was attempting an acrobatic move when he landed directly on his head and suffered an acute fracture to his vertebra.
The singer was being rushed to Memorial West Hospital in Pembroke Pines, FL where was told by doctors that the accident could have left him paralyzed. Derulo has since been released from the hospital but must wear a neck brace for the next few months. He has subsequently canceled all upcoming tour dates and promotional appearances.
The Future History World Tour, named for his second album released in Sept. 2011, was due to kick off in Glasgow on Feb. 23 and stop at London’s Wembley Arena on March 1. Other cities affected include Birmingham, Manchester and Cardiff.
In a press release issued by his label, Warner Bros. Records, Derulo writes: “To all my fans who planned to come to the Future History World tour, the pain of letting you down cuts me way deeper than this injury I’ve sustained. My fans mean everything to me, so I’m praying for a speedy recovery in order to perform for you in the near future.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day