- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Bateman, Zac Efron, Leslie Mann and Goldie Hawn are in various stages of negotiations to star in the ensemble comedy, which adapts Jonathan Tropper novel of the same name.
Tropper wrote the script, which centers on a man (Bateman) whose father dies but tasks his dysfunctional family with one last request: to spend seven days following the funeral together under the same roof.
Akerman would play Bateman’s wife who’s affair with his boss, who would be played by Sudeikis, goes public.
Hawn is the matriarch of the family, Mann a sister and Efron a brother.
Shankman, who is behind the upcoming all-star musical Rock of Ages, is directing.
Akerman appears in Shankman’s Rock of Ages and just signed on to portray Debbie Harry in CBGB. She is repped by WME.
SNL star Sudeikis, repped by CAA, co-stars in Warners’ upcoming Will Ferrell-Zach Galifianakis comedy The Campaign.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day