- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Former Tonight Show host Jay Leno will host a reboot of the comedy quiz show You Bet Your Life.
The reboot, set to launch in Fall 2021, will air on the Fox owned and operated stations, and will be syndicated nationally in other markets. The Fox TV stations have ordered 180 episodes of the series. Tom Werner will serve as the EP, along with showrunner and EP, David Hurwitz.
You Bet Your Life launched in 1947 as a radio series hosted by Groucho Marx, eventually moving to TV in 1950. The format will see two strangers paired together trying to win prize money by answering questions. As in the original, Leno will interview the contestants generating comedic banter, similar to the “Jaywalking” segments he was known for at NBC’s late night comedy show.
“One of my favorite things to do is talk to regular people and draw humor out of them,” Leno said in a statement announcing the reboot. “This is a comedy show wrapped in a game show that allows me to do just that.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day