- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In a deeply personal rap posted on Monday, Jay-Z confirmed the birth of daughter Blue Ivy with wife, Beyonce Knowles.
“Glory” feat. B.I.C. (Blue Ivy Carter, perhaps?) surfaced on Jay’s Life + Times social website Monday, Jan. 9. In the rap, Jay spits that, “My greatest creation was you” and dedicates the track to “the most beautiful girl in the world.”
In the revealing song, Jay-Z recalls the night little Blue was conceived: “You was made in Paris and Momma woke up the next day and shot an album package.” He also shares the painful memories of a miscarriage.
“Last time all the pain/The miscarriage was so tragic/We was afraid you’d disappear/But nah baby you magic,” he rhymes.
“You’re the child of my destiny,” Jay continues, referencing Beyonce’s early days as a founding member of the girl-group Destiny’s Child. “You’re my child of a child from Destiny’s Child/That’s a hell of a recipe.”
Throughout the track, a baby’s coos – likely Blue’s — can be heard in the background. The song ends with simple audio of her cries. The chorus: “The most amazing feeling I feel/Words can’t describe what I’m feeling for real/Maybe I paint the sky blue/My greatest creation was you. You. Glory.” To listen to the track in its entirety, click here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day