- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake will headline this summer’s Wireless festival at the Olympic Park here, concert promoter Live Nation said Tuesday.
The music stars are the first performers confirmed as the lead acts for concerts at the Olympic Park after the live-events giant struck a deal for exclusive rights to organize music events there last month.
Live Nation last year decided not to bid for an extension of a long-running contract that saw it promote concerts at London’s Hyde Park, citing noise restrictions and cost factors.
Timberlake will headline the Wireless festival lineup on Friday, July 12. He will be joined by Snoop Dogg, Trey Songz, John Legend and special guest Frank Ocean.
Jay-Z will lead the July 13 lineup, with Emeli Sande, Rita Ora, Kendrick Lamar, DJ Fresh and Calvin Harris also confirmed for that day.
Timberlake and Jay-Z recently performed “Suit & Tie” at the Grammy Awards.
The Wireless festival organizers said Jay-Z’s London appearance would be his only European performance this year, while Timberlake’s gig would be his only U.K. festival show of the summer.
Meanwhile, AEG has moved into Hyde Park with plans to host a new music festival, dubbed British Summer Time, in late June.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day