- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Days after Samsung’s unprecedented deal with Jay-Z was detailed in Billboard’s latest cover story, more details are seeping out about Hova’s latest studio album.
Saturday, the track listing from Magna Carta Holy Grail was revealed via a scavenger hunt held in Brooklyn, N.Y. Jay-Z’s publicist Jana Fleishman tweeted pictures of locations where she was waiting with books containing the song titles. A number of fans clever enough to figure out the locales grabbed the copies and went on to share the info with the world.
STORY: Billboard Says Albums Jay-Z Sold to Samsung Won’t Count for Charts
But more could be coming from Fleishman. After the promotion ended, she tweeted a photo via Instagram containing the words, “Hey family… Done for right now… Stay tuned for next time. I’m out…”
Aside from the track titles, no collaborators have been confirmed although producers Rick Rubin, Pharrell Williams, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz are thought to have contributed, given their appearance in the commercial that aired during the NBA Finals June 16 to announce the album.
On July 4, 1 million Samsung users will be able to download a free Magna Carta Holy Grail app, allowing them to listen to the album ahead of other fans.
Here’s the full track list for “Magna Carta Holy Grail”:
1. Picasso Baby
4. Tom Ford
5. Beach Is Better
09. Part II (On The Run)
11. La Familia
12. Jay-Z Blue
13. Nickles & Dimes
14. Holy Grail (Bonus Track)
15. Open Letter (Bonus Track)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day