- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jay-Z‘s personal life and rapping career may be flourishing, but a recent report suggests the fashion line the mogul started over a decade ago may not be doing so well.
According to the New York Post, Jay-Z’s hip-hop clothing line, Rocawear, laid off over half of its mens and boys apparel staff Jan. 6.
PHOTOS: Top 25 Concert Tours of 2011
Papers filed with the New York State Department of Labor state that 28 of its 56 workers were let go for “economic reasons,” just one day before Jay-Z and wife Beyonce welcomed their first child, daughter Blue Ivy Carter.
STORY: Jay-Z Shares Raps About Newborn Daughter, Reveals Beyonce Miscarriage
As part of the deal, Jay-Z (whose real name is Shawn Carter) retained an interest in the company, according to the Post, but his contractual obligations with the company have since expired, and he has refused to promote the brand.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Why Barack Obama Dined With Michael B. Jordan, Regina King, the Daniels and More in Brentwood
U.S. Army to Run Repurposed ‘Be All You Can Be’ Ads Without Actor Jonathan Majors During NCAA Final Four
Melissa Joan Hart Details Helping Young Students, Parents Amid Nashville School Shooting Chaos