- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The first look at Salinger is of a well-worn book cover.
The Weinstein Co. recently acquired worldwide distribution rights to director Shane Salerno‘s forthcoming J.D. Salinger documentary.
The poster below, exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, could be seen as a tribute to the minimalist covers that have graced various editions of Franny and Zooey, Nine Stories and The Catcher in the Rye through the years.
STORY: The Weinstein Co. to Distribute New Documentary About J.D. Salinger
Salerno, who penned the screenplay for Savages, has maintained that an intimate portrait of the famously private literary icon will be depicted.
He is also co-authoring a biography with David Shields, titled The Private War of J.D. Salinger, which will hit shelves in September. Salerno told THR in February that he was able to get “over the wall” during the years-long interview process.
The doc will feature interviews with — among others — authors John Guare, Tom Wolfe, E.L. Doctorow and Gore Vidal, as well as actors Phillip Seymour Hoffman, John Cusack and Martin Sheen.
The Weinstein Co. has scheduled a theatrical release for the doc on Sept. 6. PBS, which holds television rights, plans to show Salinger as part of the American Masters series in January 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day