- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
German broadcaster ProSiebenSat.1 Media Group has taken German free-TV rights to Jo, the new Paris-set crime series starring French film star Jean Reno and Crossing Jordan‘s Jill Hennessy.
ProSieben sealed the deal with its own international sales arm, Red Arrow International, which is handling worldwide rights for the project and will be pushing it out to buyers at next month’s MIPCOM television trade fest.
Produced by Atlantique Productions, whose credits include Tom Fontana‘s Borgia and the upcoming action series Transporter, Jo features Reno as Jo St-Clair, a veteran Parisian murder detective working for the elite Criminal Brigade and tasked with the city’s most challenging cases.
British actor Tom Austen (The Borgias) and newcomer Heida Reed (One Day) also star.
Emmy-winning producer Rene Balcer (Law & Order: Criminal Intent) created Jo and serves as the series’ showrunner and executive producer.
Franck Ollivier and Malina Detcheva are co-creators and co-producers. Altantique Productions CEO Klaus Zimmermann
is the series producer for the first 8×1 hour season of Jo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day