- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nobody seems to have connected them yet, but the dots over at Endeavor are starting to form a very socially awkward pattern. Point A is the company’s executive chairman Patrick Whitesell, 54, whose wife, Lauren Sanchez, 49, is in a relationship with Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, 55, who’s at war with National Enquirer publisher and Donald Trump pal David Pecker, 67, over the threatened publication of intimate selfies (reportedly supplied to the Enquirer by Sanchez’s brother, Michael, which he has denied).
Pecker and his company, AMI, happen to be repped by IMG, a subsidiary of WME under Whitesell and Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel, 57. Pecker not only has a close relationship with Emanuel — sources say he bought a table at a fundraiser for the private Jewish high school in West Hills where the exec’s kids have gone — he’s also donated money to Ari’s brother, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, 59.
“I can’t even imagine how anyone can sit in a staff meeting across the table from anyone anymore,” says a source close to the situation. “The elephant in the room is so ginormous.”
A version of this story first appeared in the Feb. 20 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day