- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dumb & Dumber‘s beloved idiots, Harry and Lloyd, are reuniting this fall, co-star Jeff Daniels confirmed.
When asked by Jimmy Fallon on Monday’s Late Night whether a sequel was in the works, Daniels offered a Harry-esque thumbs up.
The Hollywood Reporter previously confirmed that Universal and Red Granite would be producing the sequel, Dumb and Dumber To, after New Line, which released the original movie, and its parent Warner Bros. declined to move forward with the follow-up.
The sequel has had numerous reported starts and stops, which may have led Daniels to say, “I’ll believe it’s happening when I’m actually there staring at Jim Carrey, but it looks like we’re starting in September.”
The movie’s set to be released next year, to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the first Dumb & Dumber.
Daniels, on the show to promote the HBO drama The Newsroom, said he was thrilled to once again be working with Carrey and the Farrelly brothers, who directed the first movie.
Regarding details about the plot, Daniels said: “I’ve seen the script. It’s hysterical. We’re middle-aged, and we’re still that stupid.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day