- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Barbershop actor Tom Wright is making his directorial debut with indie Walkaway Joe.
David Strathairn, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Julie Ann Emery and Julian Feder are starring in the movie, which has begun production in Louisiana.
The story follows a young boy named Dallas, who goes on a search for his pool-hustling father after he abandons their family. Dallas is determined to bring his father home when he meets Joe Haley, a drifter wrestling with a past he’d rather forget, who feels responsible for Dallas’ safety and reluctantly takes him in.
Michael Milillo wrote Walkaway Joe and will produce, along with Rachel McHale and Minor Childers.
Strathairn, whose credits include an Oscar-nominated turn in Good Night, and Good Luck, is repped by ICM and Ryan Entertainment. Morgan can currently be seen on the ninth season of The Walking Dead and is repped by UTA and Bloom Hergott.
Feder is repped by Open Entertainment and Savage Agency; Emery is repped by Innovative Artists and Rohner Walerstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the hollywood reporter