- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Organizers said on Wednesday that the DreamWorks Animation CEO will be featured in a keynote conversation with festival director Clare Stewart. In October, the studio will celebrate its 20th anniversary. Previous keynote speakers at the festival have included James Schamus, Ken Loach, Alison Owen and Harvey Weinstein.
The news comes amid talk about the future of DWA. As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Katzenberg has recently been in negotiations with Japanese telecom and tech giant SoftBank regarding a possible $32-per-share takeover of the studio. It has since emerged that SoftBank is now eyeing a stake in Legendary Pictures since no DWA deal could be reached.
Other BFI London Film Festival industry event highlights include discussions with Philomena director Stephen Frears, Wild producer Bruna Papandrea and U.K. director Peter Strickland. Wild, along with Strickland’s new films Bjork Live: Biophilia and The Duke of Burgundy are being screened at the festival.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi