- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – Jenna-Louise Coleman has guaranteed herself a cult following after landing the job as the next Doctor Who companion on the BBC 1 sci-fi drama.
Coleman replaces Karen Gillan from next year and will be first seen in the Doctor Who 2012 Christmas special.
Doctor Who executive producer and showrunner Steven Moffatt set Twitter twittering and fanboys into a frenzy by declining to give Coleman’s character a name.
Moffat said the chemistry between Coleman and the Time Lord, played by Matt Smith, was there from the get go.
Gillan, who plays Amy Pond, is due to leave the show this year and the 25-year-old Coleman will replace her shortly after.
Coleman made her big screen debut in Captain America: The First Avenger and is soon to star as Annie Desmond in ITV1’s Titanic.
She has just finished shooting on Stephen Poliakoff‘s Dancing On The Edge for BBC Two.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day