- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux are separating.
The couple on Thursday said in a statement released through Aniston’s publicist that the decision to split “was mutual and lovingly made at the end of last year.”
The couple said they made the announcement publicly “in an effort to reduce any further speculation.”
“Normally we would do this privately, but given that the gossip industry cannot resist an opportunity to speculate and invent, we wanted to convey the truth directly,” said the statement released by longtime Aniston publicist Stephen Huvane. “Whatever else is printed about us that is not directly from us, is someone else’s fictional narrative. Above all, we are determined to maintain the deep respect and love that we have for one another.”
Aniston and Theroux said they are “two best friends who have decided to part ways as a couple, but look forward to continuing our cherished friendship.”
The actress and actor were engaged in August 2012 and married in August 2015. They have no children.
Aniston, 49, was previously married to Brad Pitt from 2000 to 2005.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day