- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jennifer Garner will receive the 2012 CinemaCon Female Star of the Year Award at the upcoming gathering of theater owners in Las Vegas.
CinemaCon, hosted by the National Assn. of Theater Owners, runs April 23-26 at Caesars Palace. The awards ceremony will be held during the final night gala.
Garner is next in theaters with Disney’s The Odd Life of Timothy Green, which opens Aug. 15. In the film, she and Joel Edgerton play a happily married couple when the child they have dreamt of shows up on their doorstep.
“Jennifer Garner can epitomize the all-American girl, but can also pack the punch of a tough action hero. Her versatility and remarkable ability to entertain audiences of all ages is impressive,” CinemaCon general manager Mitch Neuhauser said.
In October, the actress will be seen in the Weintein Co.’s political satire Butter, which she also produced.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day