- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jennifer Garner has joined the cast of Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, Fox 2000’s adaptation of Becky Albertalli’s YA best-seller, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Greg Berlanti, best known as the showrunner of The CW’s DC Comics-based superhero shows, is directing the coming-of-age and coming-out drama,
Nick Robinson is starring in the project, playing a high school junior named Simon whose sexual-orientation secret falls into the hands of the class clown, Martin (Logan Miller). Simon finds himself in a complicated situation when he’s blackmailed into helping Martin get to know his best friend, Abby, the new girl in school.
Garner will play Robinson’s mother.
Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen of Temple Hill are producing, as is Pouya Shahbazian.
Garner, who last year starred in the faith-based drama Miracles From Heaven, is repped by CAA, Management 360 and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day