- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Shawn Levy and Dan Levine are producing the family movie via their 21 Laps banner along with Lisa Henson of the Jim Henson Co. Miguel Arteta is directing.
A classic since it was published in 1972, Bad Day was written by Judith Viorst and centers on a boy who has a very horrible day and finds out that other people can have them too.
In the script, written by Lisa Cholodenko and Rob Leiber, the boy has a terrible day and wishes his family experienced his suffering, which they later do.
Carell is playing the boy’s father, and Garner would join the project as the mother.
Bad Day is eyeing a fall start.
When Garner closes her deal, it will bring her back to the studio for which she starred in last year’s The Odd Life of Timothy Green.
She next appears in Dallas Buyers Club, the Matthew McConaughey AIDS drama that Focus picked for distribution Tuesday. Garner also is prepping to shoot Ivan Reitman’s Draft Day.
She is repped by WME, Management 360 and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day