- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jennifer Grey was named the winner of Dancing With the Stars on Tuesday night.
Grey and professional partner Derek Hough consistently topped the judges’ scores throughout the season, but the huge voter support for Palin resulted in some upsets, including singer Brandy’s elimination last week.
Palin surprised many viewers by making it so far in the show despite low scores from the judges. But she had been championed by some conservative bloggers, who led get-out-the-vote campaigns on behalf of the 20-year-old single mom.
Following Brandy’s ouster in the same week she had received a perfect score, some viewers questioned the veracity of the “Dancing” voting system.
The show acknowledged its voting system was temporarily overwhelmed after Monday’s show, but the issue was resolved quickly and “affected each finalist equally.”
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day