- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Add author to Jennifer Hudson’s resume.
The Academy Award-winning actress and singer has inked a deal with Dutton, an imprint of Penguin Group, to pen a memoir detailing her struggles with weight.
The still-untitled book, due in January 2012, will also expand on how she shed 80 lbs.
Hudson has had her share of weight ups and downs.
Dubbed “the big girl” as a contestant on season 3 of American Idol, she transformed her body for her Oscar-winning turn as Effie in Dreamgirls by gaining more than 20 lbs.
She signed on as a Weight Watchers spokeswoman last year and has since gone from a size 16 to a svelte size 6.
“I’m in the best shape of my life!” she recently gushed to People.
Still, she admitted, “In my head, I am still the same weight I was before, It takes a while to get used to it.” But one thing is certain. Said Hudson, “This is the way I want to be and the way I want to stay!”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day