- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jennifer Hudson left a Chicago courtroom today for the second day in a row, too overcome to look at graphic photos showing the gunshot wounds that took the life of her 7-year-old nephew, Julian King.
The boy was found dead in an SUV three days after police discovered the bodies of Hudson’s mother and brother in 2008. Hudson’s former brother-in-law, William Balfour, stands accused of the triple-homicide — a crime prosecutors say was a vicious act of retribution against Hudson’s sister.
Hudson’s fiance, David Otunga, remained in the courtroom and took notes as Cook County Deputy Medical Examiner Mitra Kalekar explained that King had been shot twice in the head, The Chicago Tribune reports.
The Grammy- and Oscar-winning singer-actress was the first witness called to testify after opening statements on Monday, where she said of Balfour: “None of us wanted her to marry him. We did not like how he treated her.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day