- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jennifer Hudson is slowly beginning to talk about the Oct. 2008 murders of her mother, brother and nephew.
In a new interview with Ebony magazine, the Oscar-winning Dreamgirls star revealed that she was almost in Chicago at her family’s home during the time of the murders, but that an spontaneous trip may have saved her life.
Hudson decided to attend fiance, David Otunga‘s fight in a World Wrestling Entertainment match.
“He wanted me to come out to Florida with him instead of going to Chicago,” she told the magazine of Ortunga (with whom she has a son, David Jr.). “I flew out to see him; that’s why I’m still here. That’s one of the things that saved my life. Because I could have been home with my mum then.”
The actress, who will next appear as a nun in The Three Stooges, says the revelation is something she’s never shared.
“I’ve never said that before, and I can’t believe I just said that now,” she says. “But I didn’t know.”
Her sister’s estranged husband, William Balfour, has been charged with all three of the murders.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day