- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson is scheduled to perform “America the Beautiful” with the Sandy Hook Elementary School chorus live before Sunday’s Super Bowl.
The Newtown, Conn., school was the site of a Dec. 14 mass shooting that left 20 first-graders and six adults dead. Twenty-six students make up the chorus, in honor of the 26 people lost in the shooting.
The chorus will perform directly before Alicia Keys sings the National Anthem, an NFL spokesman told USA Today. Beyonce, with whom Hudson co-starred in 2006’s Dreamgirls, will perform during halftime.
Singer-songwriter Ingrid Michaelson teamed with a group of Sandy Hook students in January to record a version of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.” The proceeds from that song’s sales will go to benefit the Newtown Youth Academy and the United Way of Western Connecticut.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day