- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russell, Tim Roth and Michael Madsen are all set to appear in the film version after being part of a star-studded reading of the script in April. Amber Tamblyn took on the role of female lead Daisy during the live reading, but Tarantino looked at several actresses for the coveted role for the film version.
The film will shoot in early 2015, with The Weinstein Co. planning for its release in the U.S. in the fall of 2015. Richard Gladstein and Stacey Sher will produce The Hateful Eight, with the Weinstein brothers and G. Mac Brown executive producing.
At this year’s Comic-Con, Tarantino revealed that he would proceed on The Hateful Eight despite putting his plans on hold earlier this year after the script was leaked online and he was embroiled in a legal fight with Gawker over the leak, which ended with him withdrawing the suit in May.
Leigh’s recent work includes The Spectacular Now and Kill Your Darlings. She’s repped by CAA, Untitled Entertainment and Sloane, Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day