- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Jennifer Lawrence called out a reporter for not looking up from his phone while asking her questions in Sunday evening’s Golden Globes press room.
Following her best actress in a musical or comedy win, the Joy star took the microphone in front of a sea of journalists.
“How did you see yourself for the Oscars —” a reporter, who has a thick accent, began. But Lawrence was distracted by his actions. “You can’t live your whole life behind your phone, bro,” she interrupted, waving her finger. “You can’t do that. You gotta live in the now,” she continued.
The reporter quickly apologized with a “sorry, sorry.”
He then began the same question a second time. “How do you see yourself for the Oscar night and how was working?” he tried questioning again, to which Lawrence responded, “We’re at the Golden Globes. If you put your phone down, you’d know that.”
Lawrence has now earned four Golden Globe nominations and nabbed three wins (Silver Linings Playbook, American Hustle and Joy).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Prince Harry a No-Show on First Day of London Tabloid Trial, Set to Become First Royal to Testify in 130 Years
Tyler James Williams
Tyler James Williams Warns of the Danger of Speculating About Someone’s Sexuality
The Partridge Family
Danny Bonaduce Says He’s Getting Brain Surgery Following Neurological Disorder Diagnosis