- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“The FBI is aware of the allegations concerning computer intrusions and the unlawful release of material involving high-profile individuals, and is addressing the matter,” the FBI said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. “Any further comment would be inappropriate at this time.”
Meanwhile, Apple says the company is investigating if iCloud accounts belonging to the victims had been hacked.
“We take user privacy very seriously and are actively investigating this report,” Apple spokeswoman Nat Kerris said in a statement.
On Sunday, Lawrence’s rep called the hacking “a flagrant violation of privacy” and said that “authorities have been contacted.” Lawrence’s phone was apparently hacked into.
Some stars took to Twitter to condemn the leaks, with Mary Elizabeth Winstead, also a hacking victim, writing, “To those of you looking at photos I took with my husband years ago in the privacy of our home, hope you feel great about yourselves.”
In a previous high-profile case of celebrity photo hacking, Christopher Chaney was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison in 2012 after pleading guilty to hacking into the email accounts of stars such as Scarlett Johansson and other celebrities.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day